Preventative maintenance is at the heart of our RTA software. It always has been, and likely always will be.
Our founder, Ron Turley believed that 1 hour of PM can save 3 to 8 hours of maintenance later. That means by putting in a small amount of work now, you can prevent larger repairs from occurring.
To make sure you are seeing the time – and money savings – that Ron discussed, we want to ensure you are using all of the PM capabilities our software offers. So, are you using the RTA Set PM Utility? Did you even know it existed before reading the previous sentence? This feature can be helpful when you need to add, edit, or disable a set of preventative maintenance schedules for a group of vehicles all at once.
This can come in handy when you need to add a new PM service, or when you need to make changes to an existing preventative maintenance schedule. Other examples of when you might want to use this functionality include:
- Adding a new PM service.
- Adding alternate meter intervals so you can track PMs by alternate meters in addition to the regular PM tracking methods.
- Modifying or locking the intervals for an existing PM.
- Disabling a PM service (if this is a seasonal PM, we recommend using the PM Sleep feature instead of disabling the PM).
- Enabling a PM service.
- Implementing the use of Part Kits (or when you want to update the PM Part Kit field).
- Implementing the use of Template Work Orders and updating the Template WO field.
- Implementing the use of the Auto-Create PM Work Order feature or updating the Template WO field.
Are you ready to run this utility? Follow these steps outlined by our Support team:
- Select System > Custom Utilities > PM > Set PM from the RTA main menu (SCPS).
- Read the message displayed and then choose OK to continue.
- Enter a facility number or press F1 to select a facility from the lookup list.
- Select a radio button indicating whether the PM record will be updated for a Vehicle range or for vehicles that belong in a specific Department or Class code. If the Vehicle radio button is selected, specify the starting and ending vehicle numbers to process. If the Department or Class radio button is selected, enter the vehicle class code or department number to process.
- Select or deselect the check boxes as needed.
- Enter the PM information to add or change. The availability of the fields in the PM Information section will vary depending on the settings of the check boxes marked in Step 5.
And that’s it – you’re ready to roll. If you have any other questions about this functionality, or if you need help in another area, please reach out to our Support team.