As a fleet manager, it is important to run regular end-of-period reports to keep tabs on your fleet operation and collect the necessary information to keep your operation running successfully and on budget.
In the RTA Fleet Management Software system, end-of-period reports can be easily run through the application. When running these reports, consider these tips to get the most valuable information:
- First, it’s important to determine how long the period is that you are closing out. This can be monthly or quarterly, or another time frame, depending on your fleet operation.
- Next, it’s crucial to ensure the following tasks have been completed in the RTA solution before running the end-of-period reports:
- Enter all data for the current period.
- Post fuel transactions to update pumps and tanks.
- Verify the pump and meter readings are correct.
- Make sure the tank stick reading matches the computed tank stick reading.
- Print all period reports.
- Review reports for accuracy.
- Correct any errors in the reports.
- Correct odometer readings as needed.
- Ensure the parts inventory matches the ending inventory on the Inventory Balance Reports.
- With the backend information verified, you next need to determine which types of end-of-period reports to run. Some of the options in RTA include:
- Cost reports
- Work order reports
- Tires reports
- Vehicle reports
- Parts reports
- Before running the reports, you next should schedule a date and time to run the end-of-period reports.
- Make sure you create a backup of the fleet directory before running end-of-period reports to ensure no information is lost.
- Ensure all users are out of the RTA system before running end-of-period reports.
Running these reports can help ensure your fleet operation’s long-term success. If you need assistance in completing these tasks in the RTA system, contact our Support team for help.